DESIGNER LIFETIME SHINGLES
Lifetime Shingle Roofing systems are the most installed roof replacement in North America. Designer Shingles offer exceptional color options, styles, and durability. Because of their flexible nature they are great at hiding framing imperfections and minor defects. The huge range of colors affords customers a wide range of choices. Call us for a roof consultation at 740-392-9450.
KEYS TO SHINGLE ROOF SUCCESS:
1. OLD ROOF REMOVAL – Don’t cover up potential dangers. Always remove the old roofing system completely before installing a new shingle roof. It is important to inspect the roof deck to make certain it is free of cracks, rot, mold or just needs to be re-nailed. Also, by removing the excess material you remove the excess weight from you roof that adds extra stress on the structure.
2. SYNTHETIC FELTS – Allows moisture to escape from your attic while providing an exceptionally strong layer of protection against wind-driven rain. Also, lays flatter for a better-looking roof.
3. ICE GUARD LEAK BARRIER – Creates a 100% watertight seal that keeps water out at the most vulnerable areas of your roof (at the eaves and rakes, in valleys, around chimneys, etc.). Provides exceptional protection against leaks caused by roof settling and extreme weather.
4. STARTER STRIP SHINGLES – Precut starter strip saves time, eliminates waste, and reduce the risk of blow-offs…and may even help qualify for upgraded wind warranty coverage because of their factory-applied adhesive strips.
5. ATTIC VENTILATION – Helps remove excess heat and moisture from your attic that can raise your energy bills, cause premature peeling of interior paint and wallpaper, and even affect your health. Proper attic ventilation systems allow a continual flow of outside air through the attic, protecting the efficiency of the insulation and helping to lower temperatures in the living space. It consists of a balance between air intake (at your eaves or soffits) and air exhaust (at or near your roof ridge). This is one of the most critical components to ensure shingle longevity.
6. RIDGE CAP SHINGLES – Enhances the beauty and value of your home—while adding another layer of protection to guard against leaks at the hips and ridges.